Monday, March 17, 2014

Back home with nothing but a sore throat and frustration to show for it.

The procedure went well, if you mean that I survived it with nothing but a sore throat to show for it.  No leak determined.  No stent emplaced.  They stretched the stenosis, but it is too early to tell if that will have any lasting help to my swallowing and food retention at meals.  You've heard of the "bridge to nowhere"?  Well, I seem to have the "leak from nowhere."   Bloody hell, but it is frustrating.  In any case, it is a situation calling for drinking water and driving on, which I shall do.  God bless all of you who kept me in your prayers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a speedy "recovery". We all hope the new doctors are able to resolve all your health issues. In the meantime, thanks for all your efforts while you aren't felling 100%.

Slobyskysa Rotchikokov said...

Well, apparently my prayers didn't help that much. I did consider a human sacrifice but thought it might be a bit much...it being Lent and all...

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when you aren't right, just keep going on. My prayers are with you. Kurt Conrad

AJ said...

Take care of yourself and get some proper rest. Your work here isn't complete yet.

Anonymous said...

You were in our prayers my friend m

Sheila Simmons said...

Two words for you Mike:Mayo Clinic