Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vaya con Dios, Dennis .308. A loyal Threeper and Oath Keeper has gone to his reward.



I just received notice from Oath Keepers that the great American known as Dennis .308 on this blog has passed. Here is the first of what I am sure will be many eulogies:

Dennis Carl Hendricks, Senior

Found and joined Oath Keepers late in 2009 and came to the [new at that point] Oath Keepers section of the TMM forum. He soon discovered that I was another Merchant Mariner and we began to chat online.

He was patriotic minded and wanted to do whatever he could to "get this country back on the right track."

He also wanted to form up a local militia in his AO [Harlingen and points south] but when he found that Oath Keepers [at that time] was not openly supporting militia groups he became a less frequent visitor.

He called me on my home phone and our friendship continued via that method of communications. He asked me if I knew of any shooting ranges that would allow folks from "out-of-town" to shoot on their range. I said that there were several in Corpus Christi and that The Appleseed Project was having an Inaugural Shoot to open the Corpus Christi Area Appleseed group.

At the time I was both an officer in Oath Keepers and an IT in the Appleseed Project. We corresponded and I made a connection with POP and he graciously offered to put up both Dennis and I on his living room floor for the Appleseed weekend.
[I always carry a sleeping pad when I travel so Dennis got the couch.]

Dennis was instantly taken with and became involved with the Appleseed concept and became a member during that Inaugural shoot. He also turned a few heads with his brand new M1A in 308. (BAPBUI)

Time passed and I became much more involved with Oath Keepers and sort of lost touch with Dennis although he would every so often email with the latest on the doings at sea.

He was an Offshore Tugboat Mate. [First Officer - Second in Command]

More time passed.

Then just this week I got a phone call from J. L. telling me that Dennis had passed away. He also informed me that I was on his [Dennis'] cell phone callers list and did I know him very well, et cetera.

Dennis apparently had neglected to make a detailed list of where he had secreted his personal possessions on the northern side of the river and his wife was having problems finding his possessions and any pertinent paperwork such as insurance forms et cetera.

Unfortunately I never had the time to go down to the Valley to visit with Dennis in his own AO so I have no idea of where he might have stored his "Important Papers" etc.

POP makes it sound like Dennis and I were fast friends and in a way I suppose we were it just wasn't very personal or close unfortunately. I have seen his name as a respondent on several patriotic websites and forums. I know he was a proud member of the RWVA and The Oath Keepers as well as the Sipsey Street Irregulars and the Three Percenters.

Although I did not know him for very long or really well I do know that America has lost a Patriot and I [we?] have lost a stalwart friend of Liberty.

He will be missed.

Gooch
Capt USMM Ret
RWVA Mbr
III

18 comments:

Legion7 said...

A true man of caliber.

Every time one of us passes on, we are weakened.

Via con Dios, indeed...

Doc Enigma said...

"May perpetual light shine upon him."

Methinks there'll be many more of us gone before this ends; not many having any eulogy whatsoever.

Matters not; rather, as we stand before our God to recount our actions to restore the Republic, those who were there will echo our contributions, large or small.

ParaPacem said...

Rest in peace, brother Dennis. God bless you, and God comfort the family and friends.

zonkertx said...

Sad to hear of Dennis' passing. He has found Liberty at last...

Funny how many have collapsed in a heap on POP's floor after a hot, humid day of waking up our fellow Americans and imparting some marksmanship skills. Been there, done that, proud to be part of the Texas crew.

Also, my thanks to MBV for doing all he does!

zonkertx
RWVA Instructor
III

eddymatthews said...

R.I.P. Dennis.

Anonymous said...

Interesting report on Breitbart - In MAR 11 Obama says Holder didn't know anything problems w/F&F.

Anonymous said...

Dennis was a good man. I met him at the rally that he put together in Octber 2010 in Brownsville at which Larry Pratt of GOA and Kathie Glass, the Libertarian Party candidate for governor spoke.

I recently saw his distraught family at a Celebrating the Constitution Day event.

He will be missed.

III more than them said...

That just sucks. Completely.

I'd say "rest easy", but somehow, "Celebrate Loudly!" seems appropriate. Some of us get to go home before the fight.

Dakota said...

R I P ..... we shall struggle on.

I pray that I am not relieved before the storm unleashes it's fury.

Anonymous said...

Dennis .308 will be badly missed! He was a good man and a patriot!

Semper Fi, 0321 said...

We agreed and disagreed, I loved some of his rants and poor spelling, I will miss him terribly. He was one of a kind.

Skip said...

Yey verily, may we take our 100 heads, when they push one step too far, before God calls us home.
RIP

Dedicated_Dad said...

Damn. I'd wondered why he wasn't commenting...

While in some ways I envy him being in a much better place, we need all the good men we can get!

Should his family find this, he was a damn fine man and will be missed!

If it's not too presumptious of me to ask, does anyone know what happened?

More importantly - since it sounds as if it was unexpected and his family is having trouble locating necessary papers, etc - is his family in need of any assistance?

G*d knows I don't have much, but what I DO have would be best spent helping a good man's family if needed!

WarriorClass III said...

Very sad indeed, for us. I was afraid something had happened when Dennis didn't show up at the rally in Freeport, Texas where we were to meet for the first time. He was a fellow Texan and Threeper. I still hope to meet him when he comes riding behind the Lord for the final battle.

WarriorClass
III

Sean said...

Texas has lost a good man, and a steadfast patriot. Via con Dios, compadre. III. Sean.

Anonymous said...

Damn.

Just,
Damn.

AP

III more than them said...

"I still hope to meet him when he comes riding behind the Lord for the final battle."

Amen, WarriorClass, Amen. no matter what happens, we still win.

sofa said...

fair winds, and following seas